I’ve always hated the word should. Some wise guy or maybe it was a wise man once told me, “Never should on yourself” and I promise I’ve worked hard to eliminate that word from my vocabulary.
So instead of saying, “You should have been there for FohBoh's FSMU”, I’ll just say, “Don’t miss next year’s conference!” Unless of course you have one of the following reasons (excuses) not to go…
Reasons You Wouldn’t Attend FSMU in 2012
1. You think like an Ostrich – believing the best way to stay apprised of current trends in technology, social media and foodservice is to keep your head in the sand!
2. You are uninterested in acquiring new clients/customers.
3. You think networking with the best and brightest in foodservice and SM is a waste of time.
4. You prefer a low tech approach to business
5. You don’t like people.
6. You think a stimulated brain is overrated.
7. You prefer to stick with your flip phone.
8. You think San Francisco is a not a fun place to play and do business.
9. You think Linked In, Facebook, Twitter and You Tube are passing fads.
10. You are convinced that door hangers are making a comeback!