•I have completed the Advanced Certification with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
•I have been the wine director for a multi-million dollar fine dining restaurant group in the mid-west.
•I have been in the restaurant and wine industries for fifteen years with over ten of those in management.
January 2008 – present
Purple Feet Wine Company
On Premise Specialist / Sales
• Responsible for prospecting new accounts and representing a portfolio of smaller high end producers, domestic and international.
January 2003 – January 2008
Bartolotta’s Lake Park Bistro, Milwaukee, WI
Wine Director / Manager
• Responsible for all duties involving the wine programs including buying, updating the list, inventory, cost control and staff education. The list is French only and includes wine from all of the AOC’s that are available in this state as well as all the top producers represented in WI. The list has over 300 selections.
August 1998 – September 2000
Eddie Martini’s, Milwaukee, WI
• Required having a professional service background along with the ability to sell the menu and the extensive, mainly domestic wine list.
September 1993 – August 1998
Cucina! Cucina!, Seattle, WA
Restaurant Manager / AGM
• Responsibilities included staffing, scheduling, training and development of service staff. Extensive work in financials including operating statements, general ledger, payroll and inventory. Responsible for wine list selections and front of the house staff wine education.
September 1991 – August 1993
The Space Needle, Seattle, WA
• In charge of daily operations, all front of the house staff service issues and maintaining the wine lists with a Pacific Northwest and California emphasis. Also responsible for all wine training with a focus on tasting and sales techniques.
January 1988 – August 1990
Fred Meyer, Raleigh Hills, OR
Wine Shop Buyer / Manager
• All purchasing and hand selling wine on premise. Inventories included wine from every major wine-producing region in the world. Increased wine sales to $120,000.00 per period on average.
California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA
BFA Theater Arts
Portland Community College, Portland, OR
AA Hospitality and Restaurant Management
•The Court of Master Sommeliers - Advanced Certification
•The Society of Wine Educators
It's my pleasure to be the first to welcome you to our fantastic community of foodservice professionals from all over the globe. With hundreds of blogs, discussions groups and events to discover, Fohboh is the perfect place for you to connect and communicate with colleagues. Don't hesitate to contact me with comments or criticisms.
Before you get started, please check out our Community Guidelines and our FAQ. You might also watch our short FohBoh Video Tour. When you're comfortable with the lay of the land, start a blog post or join a discussion group - we're glad you're here and can't wait to hear more from you!
Director of Community Development, FohBoh
Sales at fast-casual eateries are growing at a pace similar to that of quickservice and sit-down restaurants as young, high-i -More-
Taylor® Grills. Cooking made Easier, Faster, and Smarter. With efficiency and food safety top of mind, the Taylor® L810 two-sided grill is a foodservice industry favorite. Optimize profits and cooking efficiency with three separately controlled cooking zones, programmable cook times, pre-set temperature and automatic gap settings. To learn more click here.
Main Event Entertainment, the fastest-growing family entertainment center in America, is celebrating its new center opening in Pharr, Texas, a suburb near McAllen in the Rio Grande Valley. Doors will open to the public at 9 a.m. on August 6.
Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE: DRI) announced that Clarence Otis is stepping down as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. Darden's Board of Directors has appointed the Company's current Independent Lead Director, Charles A. Ledsinger, Jr., as Independent Non-Executive Chairman of the Board, effective immediately. The Company also announced that it has amended its corporate governance policies to provide for the separation of the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer roles.
Today the National Restaurant Association issued the following statement regarding the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) decision asserting McDonald’s Corporation is a joint employer of its franchisees:
Rising India, Inc. (OTC: RSII), announces today it will immediately begin work toward the acquisition of up to 5 profitable stores in the popular Quick Serve Pizza Restaurant segment. Current targets are currently earning about $450,000 in revenues per year, per store. Acquisition of targets would provide immediate cash flow identified from profitable longstanding, absentee owner operations with proven model success.
If you are looking for capital to start or grow your restaurant, create the next 501c3, develop and launch the next app for the restaurant industry,or want to help your peers in some meaningful way, we want to know about it.
Inspired by biological design and self-organizing systems, artist Heather Barnett co-creates with physarum polycephalum, a eukaryotic microorganism that lives in cool, moist areas. What can people learn from the semi-intelligent slime mold? Watch this talk to find out.
When he was young, artist Shih Chieh Huang loved taking toys apart and perusing the aisles of night markets in Taiwan for unexpected objects. Today, this TED Fellow creates madcap sculptures that seem to have a life of their own—with eyes that blink, tentacles that unfurl and parts that light up like bioluminescent sea creatures.
Surgeons are required every day to puncture human skin before procedures — with the risk of damaging what's on the other side. In a fascinating talk, find out how mechanical engineer Nikolai Begg is using physics to update an important medical device, called the trocar, and improve one of the most dangerous moments in many common surgeries.