Forum

Bryan Harris, WDSU.com Managing EditorPOSTED: 5:20 pm CDT March 25, 2008UPDATED: 6:37 pm CDT March 25, 2008NEW ORLEANS -- Chef Paul Prudhomme was grazed by a bullet Tuesday, but the bullet didn’t do any damage, according to Jefferson Parish deputies.Click Here: Watch The StoryThe chef was cooking at the TPC golf course in Avondale when, according to deputies, he felt something hit his arm. A .22 caliber bullet then fell from his sleeve. Prudhomme was attending The Zurich Classic, where he was preparing fish. Police said it could've been fired by a hunter in the rural area near the course.Deputies said the bullet did not penetrate.According to police, a .22 caliber bullet can travel up to a mile and a half, meaning it could’ve come from a very wide geographic area. Police said there is little chance of figuring out who fired the bullet that struck him.Police originally classified the incident as a shooting, but later reclassified it as a simple complaint.Prudhomme is credited with popularizing blackened redfish as a famed staple of cajun cuisine. In 2007, he began hosting Chef Paul Prudhomme's Always Cooking!, and authored a cookbook by the same name.Copyright 2007 by WDSU.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

You need to be a member of FOHBOH to add comments!

Join FOHBOH

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know Chef Paul and he is one tough dude.
  • no Matt he is a super hero !!!
  • Chef Paul may just be one lucky bastard!
  • I have always been a fan of Chef Paul, have met him at many food shows , been to his restaurant even had him autograph a bag of tortillas !!! But this proves it He is a super hero !!!

Glad he wasn't hurt !!

Go Chef Paul !!
    • I too have had the pleasure working with him on various occasions.
      He's a pioneer in so many ways.
This reply was deleted.

Advertise