Forum

NRA Chicago May 17-19th

I thought it might be a good time to open up a discussion about the NRA show this year.Who's planning on attending?Perhaps we should consider arranging a FOHBOH.com get together.Thought I'd throw the idea out here and see what sticks to the wall.

You need to be a member of FOHBOH to add comments!

Join FOHBOH

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It was great to see everyone at NRA! A big thank you to Bill at the Reagle Beagle for hosting our first (of many) FohBoh get togethers, and thanks to all of the members who came down to say hello.
  • What kind of sponsored parties are at the NRA show? breakfast? lunches? happy hours? night time?

are they at McCormick or in the surrounding areas?

Thanks!
    • 1, friday may 16th 10pm-12 midnigght at soldier field stadium club 1410 s. museum campus drive,
      gate 14 Champagne & Strawberry Party $50 advanced tickets $60 day of.benefits the culinary insti-
      tute of america and the NRA educational foundation.register at www.monkeydish.dot/straw...

2. sunday may 18th 4pm-7pm 10th annual share our strength / food arts championship bbq & cookout
      at galleria marchetti 825 w. erie. call 212 481 8610 x 789 or online ar bbqrsvp@mshanken.com
      include name, title, establishment, address & phone. casual attire. space limited. open only to hotel
      and restaurant professionals

3. monday may 19th 5pm meet and greet happy hour at regal beagle 160 e. grand.RSVP to the forum
      set up for this event.

4. log onto www.restaurant.org/show for details on the restaurant executive breakfast saturday may 16th
      8:30-11 am 312 853-5384, or the NRA educational foundation salute to excellence gala and banquet
      saturday may 16th 6pm 312 715 5384, or the 2008 spirit awards and fmp recognition breakfast 7:30-
      9:30 am 312 261 5318, or the 52nd annual hennessy awards breakfast saturday may 17th 8am-10am
      202 331 5966, or the illinois hotel and lodging assoc hospitality luncheon tuesday may 20th 11am-2pm
      312 346 3135 x 222

5. as far as private receptions hosted by sysco, ecolab, coca cola etc. if they are your vendor,contact
      your representative there for an invitation. these are closed affairs for their staff and special guests

good luck!
  • Great idea - count me in
  • Bill, thanks for volunteering the Reagle Beagle as a venue for the FohBoh Meet Up (or Drink Up, as we like to call it internally)... We checked it out online, and the place looks awesome. I grew up in the seventies, so I'll feel right at home. The 19th sounds good to me, we'll be in touch!
  • Dave, thanks for the nice comments. I would love to have a meet and greet athe Reagle Beagle for people coming to town. The 19th seems like the most logical day. We can call it an informal happy hour just to shake hands and put names and faces. If you plan on attending, let me know so I can reserve space for the group.
  • I will be attending and hope to meet you (Michael & Ted).

Charlie Kickham
  • I'm in - Chicago is home for me so I always love to get back!
    I've not missed an NRA show for about 15 years!
  • Sounds good to me !!!!
  • The NRA show ia alwasy a good time, but be sure to book your dining reservations early as places fill up. The train to the Joliet Pen is fun and usually sponsired by Patrick Henry. I have a small lounge downtown right off Michigan Ave called the Reagle Beagle. You are more than welcome to use it as a meeting place as it is pretty much in the center of the city. If I can be of any hlep to any of you, tag my email at Bill@ReagleBeagleChicago.com.
This reply was deleted.

Advertise