Forum

I an updating a list for a website with information on Baltimore, DC, NVA restaurants and would like your help. If you live in the area please let me know your favorites and maybe a line or two as to why they are special. I prefer no chains like Mortons, Capital Grill, ... independently owned (can have a couple restaurants)1) Special Occasion Restaurants2) If company came to town where would I take them3) Ethnic Restaurants4) Hidden Treasures

You need to be a member of FOHBOH to add comments!

Join FOHBOH

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pho 75. Just great Vietnamese soup. I eat at the Falls Church location about 2 times a week.
  • Marcel's is my favorite by far. It is a french-belgian restaurant that is really out of this world. From the greeting at the door, any lady can feel like a princess, to the cuisine (absolutely perfect,) it is a gem that is not to be missed when visiting the district and in need of a fabulous fine dining venue.
  • Carol:

My goodness, aren't you thorough with contact information...you get 4 gold stars. Thank you so much. I will have to make it down your way one day. Much good fortune in all your endeavors.

Dara
  • I get to D.C. once a year and the last time I was there, I had a great meal at Oyamel in downtown D.C. I realize the restaurant is part of a large restaurant group, with many other cuisine focused spots. The food was fresh and had a great combination of traditional and progressive flair. I would recommend it as a great place for dinner or lunch. Just being there on business, I am sure I have many great spots to find ... but this was a pleasant surprise.
    • Dear Matt:

I appreciate your response. Oyamel is part of a local chain. National chains are ones I don't want so this was great.
      Oyamel, Zaytinya, Jaleo, Cafe Atlantico same restaurant group...all excellent.

Thank you again.
  • If Hogates is still around in DC, it's one of the best seafood restaurants I've ever been to.
    • Dear Matt:

My goodness that was fast...it just went up. Tell me what you liked about Hogates...I will research and see if they are still in business.

Dara
      • Sometimes we of FohBoh can be Johnny on the Spot! ;-)

What I loved about Hogates was that it was a large, open restaurant with a great atmosphere; but the menu selection was extensive, and every item I've ever had there was uber fresh. I love seafood, but great seafood has to be really fresh! King Crab Legs in Anchorage, Lobster in Maine. Everything, and I mean everything, at Hogate's was awesome, couldn't be fresher, and first class all the way.

I hope they're still in business. I haven't been to DC in a decade, but the impression they left was obviously indelible.

Good luck!
This reply was deleted.

Advertise