Forum

I traveled to Boston last week and took a day to drive down the the Cape to see an old friend. New England in the fall is my favorite. The color of the leaves. The cold crisp air. I was smiling until my IPHONE rang an hour outside of the city. My non-refundable ticket to Dallas is booked. Another People Report conference. One of those things you have to get through to get to the holidays.A room full of HR generalists sent to sit in place of their bosses that have had to endure the event in the past. A smattering of CEOs, COOs, and CPOs to drunk to fly out after the first day. A handful of B-list speakers that were not savy enough to negotiate a price point high enough to keep themselves off the invite list. Of course the small group of conference go-ers that fly around the country attending each others events to make themselves feel worthwhile and important.Blaach!Wait - this year just may be different! This year's Best Practices conference may be juxtaposing its own name. The small business, having decapitated itself last year to make room for its brother company Black Box Intelligence may struggle to find its legs. This is the first time that the Joni will take the stage without her ace of spades and only capable speaker, Teresa Siriani. It has also shaved, trimmed, and bastardized its agenda to make room for its new venture spearheaded by Joni's husband Wally.Will this truly be a Best Practice or the beginning of the decline of this small, once woman owned business we saw and applauded as it crawled itself from the ashes of ASMR?I am drooling. Can you say acquisition? Joni, how much for your Trailblazer award?

You need to be a member of FOHBOH to add comments!

Join FOHBOH

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amanda - I like how blunt you are. Cheers :)
  • I completely agree with Michael (in the other discussion). I'm just now seeing this and it's probably best that I didn't see it when it was posted. I'll tell you that "The People Report" conference" that you were dreading was hands down the best I've been to. The blog you've written here is low and lame.
  • Ditto to my response to the other People Report discussion.
This reply was deleted.

Advertise