Forum

Over qualified and frustrated...

Geez oh Petes! I'm looking for some help here... I completely understand why people would be hesitant to hire someone who they feel is over qualified because of the fear they will leave for a "better" opportunity. I just am so frustrated because I've worked so hard to build my resume to where it's at and now it seems as though I've done myself an injustice when it comes to the current job market.The crazy part is I have zero debt and am willing to pay my own relocation expenses and with my variety of experience you would think anyone would hire me for what I can bring to the table... But instead the responses are that they need someone who currently lives in that area, the positions been put on hold or I can't get a response at all.Does anyone have any advice for me?

You need to be a member of FOHBOH to add comments!

Join FOHBOH

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jeannine, what exactly are you looking for? Let me help. Send me your resume and what you are looking to do and I can see if I have something. If I don't have anything I know quite a list of recruiters and potential employers.

Andy Swingley
    aswingley@insight.rr.com
    (740) 438-8700
  • Hang in there ! Sometimes you have to take something you're overqualified for just to get a foot in the door - if you do, realize it's an opening and something better may be just around the corner. My first job with a journalism undergrad degree and a Master's in literature was helping the publisher's secretary open the mail at what is now Restaurants & Institutions! After a few months I convinced the publisher that I deserved a break as a writer and was allowed to help the new products editor. I feel in love with the industry and have been a foodservice journalist ever since.
This reply was deleted.

Advertise