Have you ever walked into your office or restaurant and seen a disaster waiting to happen?
Not in your restaurant, but in a messy office? I'm very blessed that the three awesome beings I manage along side with, are super organized! My GM walked in yesterday, complimented me on everything in the restaurant ( through ine check, FOH in check, BOH in check), but yea the office looked like Tornado Cindi had a touchdown! It's like when ^&*% hits the fan, you take of all but you and your office!!
I kinda wish a camera was in the office, cause I work with the 2nd funniest man in Thomas and King ( CHIP), Andy of course is #1, and I kinda wish we could do a stand off duel with the two of them.
ANYWHO.........I got a great forward for all of us to put in our offices about PROCRASTINATION! I'm emailing my restaurant a copy!! ENJOY!!

Procrastinator's Creed

* 1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
* 2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
* 3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
* 4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
* 5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
* 6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
* 7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
* 8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
* 9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
* 10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
* 11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
* 12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
* 13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
* 14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

Procrastinator's Creed

* 1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
* 2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
* 3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
* 4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
* 5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
* 6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
* 7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
* 8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next period/quarter
* 9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
* 10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
* 11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
* 12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
* 14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cindi !

I love this !!
I will read this list when I get around to it ;)

Cindi, this one was a milk out my nose chuckle, I was not expecting it. Thanks for a great laugh.

Abie

RSS

Advertisments

DEPARTMENTS

Social Wine Club for Craft Wineries

Smartbrief

Chains make chicken the star of the menu

High beef and pork prices are making chicken the go-to meat more than ever, boosting wholesale prices for producers and spurr -More

Americans continue to eat less fish

The average American is consuming only 14.4 pounds of fish per year, down from the record high of 16.6 pounds in 2004, Ben Di -More

JOBS & CAREERS

Posting a job or finding a job starts here at FohBoh. Call us about special $25 posting packages to syndicate across all major jobs boards.

National News

Restaurant Trends - Growing And Emerging Concepts - Change and Activity April 16, 2014

Update from Restaurantchains.net on growing and emerging restaurant concepts

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. Announces CFO Departure in May

The company has commenced a search for Mr. Hope’s successor, reviewing both internal and external candidates. Mr. Hope will assist in the transition of duties to an interim CFO and will remain a consultant to the company through the summer.

Fuddruckers Reenters New York State With Restaurant In Middletown

introduces its first company-operated New York State site today at 340 Route 211 East in Middletown, which is located in the Hudson Valley approximately 60 miles from Manhattan.

Giardino Gourmet Salads Announces Nine Consecutive Quarters Of Positive Comparable Sales

Giardino Gourmet Salads announced that it has experienced nine consecutive quarters of positive comparable sales after posting an eight percent increase throughout the first quarter of 2014.

Organic Claims Declining on US Restaurant Menus

According to Mintel Menu Insights, while 'organic' is still the leading ethical claim on restaurant menus, its usage declined 28% between Q4 2010-13.

CROWD FUNDING

If you are looking for capital to start or grow your restaurant, create the next 501c3, develop and launch the next app for the restaurant industry,or want to help your peers in some meaningful way, we want to know about it.

TED TALKS VIDEO

TED: Norman Spack: How I help transgender teens become who they want to be - Norman Spack (2013)

Puberty is an awkward time for just about everybody, but for transgender teens it can be a nightmare, as they grow overnight into bodies they aren't comfortable with. In a heartfelt talk, endocrinologist Norman Spack tells a personal story of how he became one of the few doctors in the US to treat minors with hormone replacement therapy. By staving off the effects of puberty, Spack gives trans teens the time they need. (Filmed at TEDxBeaconStreet.)

TED: Jennifer Senior: For parents, happiness is a very high bar - Jennifer Senior (2014)

The parenting section of the bookstore is overwhelming—it's "a giant, candy-colored monument to our collective panic," as writer Jennifer Senior puts it. Why is parenthood filled with so much anxiety? Because the goal of modern, middle-class parents—to raise happy children—is so elusive. In this honest talk, she offers some kinder and more achievable aims.

TED: David Brooks: Should you live for your résumé ... or your eulogy? - David Brooks (2014)

Within each of us are two selves, suggests David Brooks in this meditative short talk: the self who craves success, who builds a résumé, and the self who seeks connection, community, love -- the values that make for a great eulogy. (Joseph Soloveitchik has called these selves "Adam I" and "Adam II.") Brooks asks: Can we balance these two selves?

TED: David Sengeh: The sore problem of prosthetic limbs - David Sengeh (2014)

What drove David Sengeh to create a more comfortable prosthetic limb? He grew up in Sierra Leone, and too many of the people he loves are missing limbs after the brutal civil war there. When he noticed that people who had prosthetics weren’t actually wearing them, the TED Fellow set out to discover why — and to solve the problem with his team from the MIT Media Lab.

© 2014   Created by FohBoh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service