Forum

The bacchanalian society OHIO - January 31, 2008

My brother turned me on to this wonderful and progressive series of events held several times a year in the Cincinnati area. If you are in Ohio or any state with in driving distance, i would recommend this evening.Web site http://bacchanaliansociety.com/Pay attention to the RULES.You And Your Guests Are Cordially Invited To The Winter Gathering Of The Bacchanalian Society For the Benefit of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Cincinnati at Tower Place MallThursday, January 31, 2008* 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m* Tower Place Mall* Enter mall at street level via Race* Fourth and Race Streets* Cincinnati, Ohio 45202* Complimentary Hors d'oeuvres* $10 suggested donation per person to benefit the charityTHE RULESThe wine for this tasting is MERLOT. Each invitee, or team of up to 3, must bring 3 bottles of THE SAME MERLOT. For example, you or your team could bring 3 bottles of 2004 Fetzer Merlot. Remember, it's 3 bottles total per team, and teams can consist of 1 to 3 people.Upon arrival, all 3 bottles will be given to the Hosts, who wrap 2 of the bottles to conceal the wine's label. The 2 wrapped bottles will have a number randomly assigned to them and will then be set out for tasting. The third bottle will be left unopened and will not be tasted or displayed.Each invitee will be given a card with a number for each wine. The wines will be rated on a taste scale of 1 to 5. At the end of the tasting period, each invitee must write down the number of his or her favorite wine and least favorite wine. Cards will be collected and selections tallied.The invitees that brought the top 5 favorite wines will take home everyone's third unopened bottle of wine. The invitee that brought the least favorite bottle of wine will take back his or her unopened bottle of wine.The wine tasting begins at 7:00 p.m. so please arrive promptly. If 2 (or more) teams bring the same wine, it shouldn't matter. The rankings can still differ depending upon the temperature of the wine, how long it has been open, etc.Please remember, teams can consist of up to 3 people. If, for example, 4 people wish to participate, they would be considered 2 teams; thus, they will need to bring 6 bottles to enter the event. This rule will be strictly enforced at the door.PLEASE RSVPRSVP with your name and guests' names via email to RSVP-CINCI@BACCHANALIANSOCIETY.COMFUTURE EVENTSThe Bacchanalian Society holds a Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter wine tasting each year.To be added to our invitation list, please visit our website at WWW.BACCHANALIANSOCIETY.COM and Subscribe to our Mailing List (you can unsubscribe at any time)Thursday, January 31, 2008* 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m* Tower Place Mall* Fourth and Race Streets* Cincinnati, Ohio 45202* Complimentary Hors d'oeuvres

You need to be a member of FOHBOH to add comments!

Join FOHBOH

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.
This reply was deleted.

Advertise