Pretty interesting article on female dining habits

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23888944/

I never quite looked at it this way. Do women really pay that much attention to what others order?
What's even more intriguing is the results of the poll half way through the article.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

of course it is true, but is it really true can it really be for the same reason that they ( women) insist on paying separate chx. does it have to do with a long burned in the brain "duty to the man" that they do not over spend or over eat because god forbid they would become less desirable in the eyes of us guys and then be sent to the streets so we can find a skinny nympho ready to please????

It may really be our fault and we better be sorry for that s***.
Steve, you are playing with fire on this topic! This is what I call in my home....a no win situation....no matter how you answer, it will upset someone and then Jeff had to throw in that "duty to man" and "skinny nympho" comment and all men on this site are doomed. I am running from this one

What's next politics, religion, what's better corporate owned or independant restaurants.....I say run away.....
Andy! don't run away...

Food is guided by service politics (does not mean we have to abuse the trust placed in us) - religion has more influence on what food is served in every country of the world so there is no avoiding that... corporate or independents... well we have them both, so lets work together...

Food IS the bridge that can generate topical discussion and bring people closer together... we're just getting to know you... so don't run away...

I was at a tea party yesterday afternoon the women out numbered (almost said outweighed!!!) the men by 4-1 and no way were any of them 'holding back' rather they were enjoying the spread...

What do the Women on Fohboh think about this article? does it contain any substance??? as for me... I eat little and often watched or not! ;-)
I can honestly say that I have found myself doing just what this article said..seeing what my lunch mates might be having and order lighter, but if I am really hungry (which is not very often) I will order what I know for sure will satisfy my hunger.
It's counter - productive to eat light at a restaurant and then go home and stuff your face!
that sure is the truth...........
Sallie,

Do you behave the same way when you are in the company of men? or does this just apply to female company? what about mixed company?

Do you know why you do this?
I can honestly say that I eat healthy 99.9% of the time..really doesn't matter if I am with a man or woman..and can also honestly say that if I am hungry enough I will eat what I want..if I am with a guy that I am attracted to I may eat lighter, I guess it all depends on my mood.
This is so not me. I don't care what other people order or what they think of my order. I'm a small eater and often do just appetizers and maybe a soup or salad if I'm hungry. Unless I'm in the mood to bring food home for a second meal later or in a fine restaurant where the portions are artfully small, I typically stay away from entrees, unless I haven't eaten all day. Most entrees are so unnecessarily big in most restaurants. All the waste really bothers me.
So that's why all my girlfriends love me? I always order the double cheeseburger. No one has to worry about upping the anti!
Actually, its not surprising but its still sad. If anyone has seen the movie "Eating," its a old mockumentary about women and their food obsessions. There is one scene where about 30 women at a birthday party keep passing the same slice of cake around the circle because no one will eat it. Well, except for the bulimic woman who takes hers to the bathroom.

RSS

Advertisments

DEPARTMENTS

Social Wine Club for Craft Wineries

Smartbrief

QSRs squeeze into unconventional locations

Nontraditonal quickservice units are popping up wherever people are, moving beyond street-side and mall locations to military -More

Optimize efficiency with an applicant tracking system

Businesses increasingly are turning to software programs that make applicant tracking more efficient.  -More

Read the NRA statement on NLRB's joint employer decision

-More

All-new pasta dish features Grand Cru® Alpine-style cheese
Roth® Grand Cru® cheeses have a complex and full-bodied flavor that's crafted to achieve excellence in your menu applications. Try it in Manicotti en Croute with Brandied Fig Dipping Sauce. This elegant and inventive dish recently won our recipe contest for postsecondary culinary students, and is perfect as a sophisticated appetizer, passed hors d'oeuvre or savory dessert.

JOBS & CAREERS

Posting a job or finding a job starts here at FohBoh. Call us about special $50 posting packages to syndicate across all major jobs boards.

National News

Darden Announces Leadership Succession Plan

Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE: DRI) announced that Clarence Otis is stepping down as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. Darden's Board of Directors has appointed the Company's current Independent Lead Director, Charles A. Ledsinger, Jr., as Independent Non-Executive Chairman of the Board, effective immediately. The Company also announced that it has amended its corporate governance policies to provide for the separation of the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer roles.

National Restaurant Association Statement on NLRB Joint Employer Decision

Today the National Restaurant Association issued the following statement regarding the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) decision asserting McDonald’s Corporation is a joint employer of its franchisees:

National Restaurant Association Issues Support for Clearer ACA Definition of Seasonal Employment

The bipartisan legislation will align the definitions of seasonal employment in the Affordable Care Act and streamline the applicable large employer determination process.

Rising India, Inc. Announces Acquisition Strategy Toward a Sizable Slice of the QSR Pizza Pie

Rising India, Inc. (OTC: RSII), announces today it will immediately begin work toward the acquisition of up to 5 profitable stores in the popular Quick Serve Pizza Restaurant segment. Current targets are currently earning about $450,000 in revenues per year, per store. Acquisition of targets would provide immediate cash flow identified from profitable longstanding, absentee owner operations with proven model success.

Panera Bread Company Reports Q2 2014 Diluted EPS of $1.82

Q2 2014 Revenue increased 7% to $631 million - Q2 2014 Company-owned comparable net bakery-cafe transactions up 0.4%

CROWD FUNDING

If you are looking for capital to start or grow your restaurant, create the next 501c3, develop and launch the next app for the restaurant industry,or want to help your peers in some meaningful way, we want to know about it.

TED TALKS VIDEO

TED: Ze Frank: Are you human? - Ze Frank (2014)

Have you ever wondered: Am I a human being? Ze Frank suggests a series of simple questions that will determine this. Please relax and follow the prompts. Let's begin …

TED: Heather Barnett: What humans can learn from semi-intelligent slime - Heather Barnett (2014)

Inspired by biological design and self-organizing systems, artist Heather Barnett co-creates with physarum polycephalum, a eukaryotic microorganism that lives in cool, moist areas. What can people learn from the semi-intelligent slime mold? Watch this talk to find out.

TED: Shih Chieh Huang: Sculptures that’d be at home in the deep sea - Shih Chieh Huang (2014)

When he was young, artist Shih Chieh Huang loved taking toys apart and perusing the aisles of night markets in Taiwan for unexpected objects. Today, this TED Fellow creates madcap sculptures that seem to have a life of their own—with eyes that blink, tentacles that unfurl and parts that light up like bioluminescent sea creatures.

TED: Nikolai Begg: A tool to fix one of the most dangerous moments in surgery - Nikolai Begg (2013)

Surgeons are required every day to puncture human skin before procedures — with the risk of damaging what's on the other side. In a fascinating talk, find out how mechanical engineer Nikolai Begg is using physics to update an important medical device, called the trocar, and improve one of the most dangerous moments in many common surgeries.

© 2014   Created by FohBoh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service