All Discussions Tagged 'management' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Non-Operator

Restaurant Consultants

I am looking for people to refer to for two projects: one for an operations consultant in the Bay Area, and a culinary consultant in the DC…

Started by Alyson Mar, RD

1 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by Mark Moeller

Non-Operator

If you (restaurant operator) could create the best back office system to improve store performance

Imagine you could crack the whip and get some group of Mountain Dew-energized engineers to create whatever Back Office software you wanted.…

Started by Walker Thompson

0 Sep 20, 2011

Old School Management Tactics: Bottom Line Awareness

Last night, enjoying a great summer weather evening on the deck in New Hampshire watching fireflies, my old friend Bill Bridgmon and I disc…

Started by Jeffrey J Kingman

0 Jul 20, 2011

Restaurants - We have to do something about our websites

Restaurant websites are getting slammed on Twitter and in a discussion on this blog: http://www.juliansanchez.com/2010/12/27/why-are-restau

Started by Amanda Brandon

6 Jan 6, 2011
Reply by Amanda Brandon

$$ is tight, would you let your employee's have a "voice" on Facebook?

Lets use this scenario...You own 25 locations of Joe's Grill.  That means 25 managers who all want to increase sales and get the area direc…

Started by Erica McClenny

4 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Erica McClenny

Non-Operator

Best Service/Hospitality Book I've read - "Setting the Table"

Here is a really great book for people in Hotels & Restaurants without a doubt, but its principles are universal. The concept of servic…

Started by Derek Wood

0 Nov 5, 2009

What is "Fine Dining"?

Very often when I interview people for a job as a server, I am told that they have a "fine dining" experience. Surprisingly enough, there a…

Started by Harry Constantinescu

13 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Susan Nunn

Recess Demo Video -- Need Your Feedback Please!

Hey everyone! I just uploaded a demo of Recess to YouTube. Recess is a text message paging system and can be used for restaurants. Can you…

Started by Vitaliy Levit

0 Jun 24, 2009

Operator

How great is your management training program when all of your trainees are experienced?

I recently graduated from an accredited, ACF approved school with a Bachelor in Culinary Management. I started looking for a job as an assi…

Started by London L.

6 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by London L.

Non-Operator

Why do you belong to FOHBOH?

I am looking for feedback and help. I have been involved in a number of different sites such as FOHBOH and to tell you the truth I am getti…

Started by Mel Kleiman

15 Mar 21, 2009
Reply by Jim Clute

RSS

Advertisments

DEPARTMENTS

Social Wine Club for Craft Wineries

Smartbrief

Red Lobster crafts new, high-end image

Red Lobster will nix low-price specials and focus on flourishes like plating in order to reshape itself as a cut above dine-i -More

The Year of the Instagram Strategy
Managing the Instagram channel has become a strategic imperative for any brand or small business, and the urgency grows daily along with its user base. During this webinar on August 12 you'll hear how brands such as Disneyland Resort, JCPenney, and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf are utilizing this platform to connect with their customers in an authentic, relevant way. Register today!

The tweet's the thing

Everyone’s atwitter about the NRA's Kids LiveWell Twitter party, held in celebration of the program’s third anniv -More

Arby's meaty campaign highlights protein lineup

Arby's new campaign, "We have the meats!," focuses on the chain's new limited-time menu offering, the Mega Meat Stack, which  -More

JOBS & CAREERS

Posting a job or finding a job starts here at FohBoh. Call us about special $50 posting packages to syndicate across all major jobs boards.

National News

Ruby Tuesday Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2014 Results

Total revenue from continuing operations of $307.3 million compared to $316.1 million in the same quarter of the prior year, a decrease of $8.8 million primarily due to a net reduction of 36 Company-owned restaurants during the year.

DineEquity, Inc. Reports Successful Second Quarter 2014 Results

Second quarter 2014 adjusted EPS (Non-GAAP) of $1.16 and GAAP EPS of $1.00 - Adjusted EPS (Non-GAAP) increased 14% compared to the second quarter of 2013

Restaurant Trends - Growing And Emerging Concepts - Change and Activity July 29, 2014

Update from Restaurantchains.net on growing and emerging restaurant concepts

Gen Z, the First True Digital Generation, Represents the Future Foodservice Consumer

Gen Z, the first true digital generation, represents the future foodservice consumer. They're a generation on the move that strongly prioritizes speed of service, technology, and having what they want, when they want it. Millennials, more so than older generations, prefer to visit restaurants that offer new and unique foods and flavors. Gen X and Boomers converge on several preferences—such as the importance of a convenient location.

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Celebrates Its 500th New Restaurant Opening

Red Robin's 500th new restaurant opening will open on Aug. 4 at 11 a.m., in Milpitas, Calif. at the Great Mall of the Bay Area.

CROWD FUNDING

If you are looking for capital to start or grow your restaurant, create the next 501c3, develop and launch the next app for the restaurant industry,or want to help your peers in some meaningful way, we want to know about it.

TED TALKS VIDEO

TED: Ze Frank: Are you human? - Ze Frank (2014)

Have you ever wondered: Am I a human being? Ze Frank suggests a series of simple questions that will determine this. Please relax and follow the prompts. Let's begin …

TED: Heather Barnett: What humans can learn from semi-intelligent slime - Heather Barnett (2014)

Inspired by biological design and self-organizing systems, artist Heather Barnett co-creates with physarum polycephalum, a eukaryotic microorganism that lives in cool, moist areas. What can people learn from the semi-intelligent slime mold? Watch this talk to find out.

TED: Shih Chieh Huang: Sculptures that’d be at home in the deep sea - Shih Chieh Huang (2014)

When he was young, artist Shih Chieh Huang loved taking toys apart and perusing the aisles of night markets in Taiwan for unexpected objects. Today, this TED Fellow creates madcap sculptures that seem to have a life of their own—with eyes that blink, tentacles that unfurl and parts that light up like bioluminescent sea creatures.

TED: Nikolai Begg: A tool to fix one of the most dangerous moments in surgery - Nikolai Begg (2013)

Surgeons are required every day to puncture human skin before procedures — with the risk of damaging what's on the other side. In a fascinating talk, find out how mechanical engineer Nikolai Begg is using physics to update an important medical device, called the trocar, and improve one of the most dangerous moments in many common surgeries.

© 2014   Created by FohBoh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service